Have You Tried A No-Gym Workout?
You don’t have time, you are too busy, you don’t like going to the gym, and it’s too professional for you. Do you still want to remain fit and healthy? No worries, going to the gym to maintain #health and #fitness is not the only way since you can always workout at home. You can design your own high-intensity workout and it will be simple and an effective way to work your whole #body—without any machinery or too much equipment.
Here’s a list of 8 hardcore gym exercise variation that could help you workout at home without even using too much equipment.
1. Barbell Pullover
Target: The back
If your home isn’t equipped with chin up bar, than this is the one for you.
- Lie down on a flat bench while holding the barbell in your hands.
- Bend your elbows to bring down the bar closer to your forehead.
- Now, lower the barbell back behind your head and the bench until you feel a good stretch and the weight is above a few inches from the floor.
- Bring back the bar up and over your face until it reaches your chest.
One thing to remember is to maintain emphasis on the back muscles, keep your elbows bend throughout the movement.
2. Dumbbell Russian Twist
Target: core, hamstrings, shoulders
- Lie down on the floor facing upwards with stability ball between ankles.
- Hold ends of the 8-10 lb dumbbell in with your hands and position on your chest.
- Now, lift your legs to 45 degrees
- Extend arms to ceiling just parallel to your head.
- Rotate legs to the right, while keeping the arms in the same position and return legs to the starting position.
- Repeat on other side for 1 rep. Repeat it 10 times.
3. Bent Over Barbell Row
- Position the barbell in a corner of the room at a shoulder-width distance from the baseball-bat grip (i.e the room wall).
- Now reach down to the barbell and grasp the bar with your dominating hand.
- Keep the knees bent, back flat and chest up as you pull the weight upward toward your chest.
- Now squeeze your shoulder blades back at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the bar downward.
- Don’t let the weight to touch the ground between the reps.
- Do it periodically and switch hands so that both your hands train equally.
4. Wide-to-Narrow Decline Push-Up
- Adapt the standard push-up position, then place your feet on an elevated, secure surface such as a bench press or set of stairs.
- Keep your hands 4-8 inches from your shoulders, perform a push-up, extending arms fully and lowering your body to a point where your chest is about an inch from the floor.
- After the first wide push-up, narrow your grip and repeat.
- Move your hands closer together with each successive set until you have completed a full range of wide and narrow push-ups.
5. Dumbbell Skull crusher
- Lie down face up on a flat bench and hold two dumbbells with a hammer grip.
- Position your upper arms beside your head and extend your arms straight up over your chest.
- Bend your elbows and bring down the weight towards your head.
- Then repeat the same thing again and return to the start point.
6. Weighted Sissy Squat
- Stand sideways, hold onto a door frame or other stable object with one hand and hold a weight plate on your chest with the other.
- Take a narrow stance and rise up to your toes, keeping your chest out and back tight.
- Lower your body down to the floor while bending backwards at the knees.
- Keep your chest pointed towards the ceiling and stay up on your toes.
- Return back to the start position by flexing your quads to bring your torso back upright.
- Never allow your heels to touch the floor.
7. Dumbbell single leg deadlift
- Hold the dumbbells in each hand and stand straight with feet shoulder width apart.
- Step one foot forward 6-12 inches.
- Keep your head and chest up and back straight.
- Bend over at the hips.
- Focus on the front leg on your way down, use back leg only for balance.
- Lower the dumbbells alongside the front leg, when they reach the mid-shin, reverse the motion, concentrating on flexing the hamstring of the front leg.
- Work alternatively on both legs.
8. Wall sit
- Place your back against a wall, and slide down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and back touching the wall, hold the position for 10-15 seconds.
- You can increase the time as you get the hold of the position.
- You can also use dumbbells for more resistance.
These unique variations could give you the full-fledged workout without bothering to go to the gym. However, a healthy diet and supplements like Xtreme No muscle builder would give you the necessary stance and built.
Enjoy your home workout!