Most of us know that regular exercise is one of the best ways to lose weight. But today our lives have become extremely hectic and lack of time prevents many of us from following a serious exercising regime. Hence the only option left is to lose weight by seriously following a weight loss diet.
It is very important to note that any diet followed has to be under the supervision of professionals. Also, when undergoing a weight loss diet, it is very important to keep in mind the following three points:
- Weight loss does not take place in a linear manner. In fact, when on a diet, it is common to see quite a rapid weight loss in the first few weeks. Then there might be very little or no weight loss, even though you are following the same diet. This is because initially you lose a quantity of water, as well as some fat and lean tissue. Also, your body’s metabolism tends to slow down, to compensate for the reduction in fuel i.e. because you are eating less.
- Not all calories are bad. It is necessary to maintain a certain level of calories, even if you are on a diet. Hence, for sustained weight loss, you should always consume foods which make you feel satiated and also provide you with the required calories. Foods which are rich in calories but do nothing to fill your stomach should be avoided.
- Eat only to satisfy your hunger pangs. Food should only be eaten for one, and only one, reason – to satisfy your hunger and fill your stomach. Eating for the sake of comfort, as a means of passing time, because it is a habit, or to relieve stress, should be avoided.
Tips for weight loss through diet
If weight loss is to be successfully achieved without exercise, it is best to get in touch with a weight loss clinic. They will be able to help and guide you throughout the process and can even offer supplements such as Phentermine to assist with cravings and ensure your success. Some tips for weight loss following only a diet plan are:
- Breakfast should never be skipped. It is the most important meal of the day because it fills your stomach after a long period of fasting. Skipping breakfast is likely to cause you to snack throughout the day in response to hunger, resulting in weight gain rather than weight loss.
- Meals should be eaten regularly to provide you with the necessary energy for the proper functioning of your body.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables need to be consumed as they have higher fiber content and are also low in fats and calories. They are also loaded with the essential vitamins and minerals required by our body to enable us to live healthy lives.
- About 1.2 liters of fluids need to be taken on a daily basis as weight loss invariably results in loss of water.
- Eating foods rich in fiber helps you to feel sated and full for longer periods. Hence foods such as oats, brown rice, wholegrain bread, lentils, beans, peas etc., should be consumed in good quantities.
- Alcohol is laden with calories and contributes hugely to weight gain over a period of time if it is consumed on a daily basis. Thus cutting your alcohol intake will help you to achieve your goal at a faster rate.
- Following a low carbohydrate diet will enable you to burn away all the excess fat and convert it into the energy required for our daily needs.
- Also visiting phentermine doctors in your city can help you to develop clinically approved dieting guideline to get a healthy body to enjoy the healthier life.
Lifestyle changes to be done along with dieting
Along with a good diet and weight loss supplements, making the following lifestyle changes will also aid in weight loss and lead to a healthy life in the long term.
- Plan your meals properly so that you do not feel hungry in between meals.
- Eat only when you are really hungry and not when you think you might be hungry.
- Avoid stocking up on temptation in the form of junk food. If it’s not in the cupboard, you can’t consume it during a moment of weakness.
- Use a smaller plate and take food in smaller portions. Hunger is as much a psychological phenomenon as it is a physical one. Hence if your plate looks sufficiently full, even if it is a smaller portion overall, you are more likely to feel satisfied.
- It is not necessary to ban all the foods that you are especially fond of. Banning them will only make the craving grow stronger. Instead, enjoy your favorite foods in moderation to reduce your craving for them.
- Sleep well, sleep more and avoid stress.
If you are aiming to lose weight through diet only, make sure you eat real and fresh foods, maintain a disciplined daily routine, and totally abstain from packaged or processed food. These steps will help you reach your ultimate weight loss goal.
- No Exercise? No Problem: Losing Weight Through Diet Alone - July 31, 2016
- 4 Risk Factors of Type 2 Diabetes You Should Know By Now (#3 is too obvious) - December 3, 2015